Monday, August 22, 2011

Great Press! Thanks Pat and Orvis News!

Pat with his first bowfin ever! (and certainly not his last!)
I have been pretty busy lately... and I will be a lot busier soon too! I just got a job at a school and start tomorrow! Not a teaching position (yet) but it keeps me working with kids... so not as much time on the water as I might like, but really looking forward to it.

Anyway, back to fishing... I got out yesterday with Pat Cohen, smallmouth fanatic and deer hair virtuoso. The weather was against us unfortunately... a lovely storm system rolled in during the course of the day. But why should I tell you about it when Pat has it all written up on his blog here: 

http://gotbronze.blogspot.com/2011/08/8-21-11my-day-with-drew-price.html

Pat also put it up on the Anglers Net at the Albany Times Union website.

Check out the gar-ticle or hire me!


Never fear, Pat and I already have plans for a Lake Champlain Primitive Fish Hunt Redux... coming to Lake Champlain soon!

On another note... I wrote up a "Gar-ticle" for Orvis News.com. I give you the basics of chasing longnose gar on the fly. If you are interested in learning how to get after these ancient predators this is a good starting place for you! Or you could hire me to take you out after them... just sayin'!

http://www.orvisnews.com/FlyFishing/Longnose-gar-on-the-Fly.aspx?awid=8802460036277596603-1681

I have been out for a lot of other things too... sheephead, perch, pickerel... more stories to be told... I will keep ya posted!  And I have a fall special I will be running too... let you know about that shortly!

DP

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering for a while now when you two would get together on the water. I hope none of those deer hair creations of his got shredded in the process.

    ReplyDelete