Saturday, June 30, 2012

Carp In The Surf

It is on! Carp are on fire on Lake Champlain right now! I found a nice pod in a place I have never even seen a carp before. I went 5 for 9 hook ups!  Awesome day on the water. The coolest part is that I had my boots on the ground the whole time!  

Now is the time to get out after Yankee bonefish! I am booking up pretty quickly for the next few weeks. Carp, bowfin, gar, drum- this is the best time of the year for these guys! Bass and other fish are doing well too!  Email me at muskyflies@gmail.com to set things up!

As for today- I will let the pictures speak for themselves!

On the line

The Yankee Bonefish Whisperer pose

Pleased with Sweet Sixteen
18 lbs of hoover!
FUMBLE! Perhaps my favorite pic from today- Thank you to the good guys who came to see the fish and helped with the pics!


3 comments:

  1. That was good to see. I was wondering about very large lakes in The Great Lakes System I rarely hear of. Once again, very clear water, as opposed to my turbid small ponds. Flies?-large, small stripped, static?

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 flies dropped right in front of them. Then get them out of the weeds as fast as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the fishes specially Carp fishes. One of the most favorite hobby of my life is fishing specially Carp fishing . It is very interesting to me. You can enjoy the natural beauty and the fishing, Carp fishing simultaneously. On the other hand fishing supplys you the nutritions too.For this reason I love fishing.

    ReplyDelete