Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gar

Gar with Zombie- yes it works!

Lots of gar so far this year... lots and lots.... the high water has them in places that are easy access for someone who knows where to look for them (and I do). My traditional gar flies haven't been as effective as my Zombie so far. The gar seem to want smaller stuff for the time being. That works for me! As a matter of fact, yesterday while casting at gar I managed to get a Master Class bluegill (9.5") with the same fly.
Nice bluegill huh?
It was kind of cool to see that The Drake listed gar as one of the fish on the cusp of greatness. For me it has been great for a while. It does make me wonder if some other guide services will try to jump on that bandwagon though.... If you want to learn how to fish gar in Vermont, hit me up. I have been doing it a long time and I will show you how to do it right (same goes with bowfin, pike, carp, drum, etc.). Sometimes experience pays off.


No comments:

Post a Comment